Camel Back Bridge
Genevieve Blatt (1913-1996)
Grace Methodist Church
After the state capitol was destroyed by fire on February 2, 1897, this church building became the temporary quarters of the state legislature while the new capitol was being constructed.
J Donald Cameron (1833-1918)
John Harris' Gift
Old Brick Capitol
The first State Capitol on this site was designed and built by Stephen Hills, 1819-1821. It was first occupied by the Legislature on January 2, 1822, and was used until destroyed by fire, February 2, 1897.
Old Salem Church
A State-owned canal system, built 1826-34, to connect Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Lake Erie. The first lock on the canal to be dedicated, March 13, 1827, was "Penn Lock," 150 yards east. It was replaced in 1859 by Locks No. 10 and 11.
Pennsylvania State Archives
This building, which replaced the old brick capitol, was designed by Joseph M. Huston, and erected, 1902-1906. It was dedicated on October 4, 1906, in the term of Governor Samuel W. Pennypacker.
The Pennsylvania State Capitol
The State Museum of Pennsylvania
T. Morris Chester